Monday, May 23, 2011

Behind The Scenes of My Gravity Powered Car: Class Response

I was assigned to build a gravity powered car for a science project. I used: an aluminum Coke Zero bottle, a jumbo yellow straw, two pencils, four plastic Coke Zero bottle caps, and hot glue.
Firstly, I took the jumbo straw and cut it in half, and I hot glued on half of the straw to the front of the bottle and the other half to the bottom of the bottle. Then I let the glue dry.
Secondly, I took the pencils and cut the eraser ends off with a saw and parental help. Then I took two bottle caps and filled them with glue, then I stuck one pencil in each bottle cap and let the glue dry.
Thirdly, put the pencils through the straws and filled the other two bottle caps with glue and I let those caps dry. I had to hold the car to make sure the weight of it would not come down on the bottle caps and make a big mess with glue.
That's how I made my car. If it needs more weight to go down ramps, then I can fill the bottle with a little water to give the car more weight.

Overall, this was a really fun project and if i had to do it again, I would.



No comments:

Post a Comment